4 Jan 2011

Traditional Japanese kusudama

The smallest flower ball I made so far
Traditional Japanese kusudama is one of my favorites because you don’t need to glue it just sew flowers together. These flowers are quite easy to fold and there are loads of different variations how to make different kusudamas by using the same flowers.
I started making them for Christmas; you can even use it as a decoration for a Christmas tree and for sure it makes a great present and not only for Christmas but for any other occasion. Now it became some kind of obsession and I keep making different flower balls using paper of all different kinds and sizes. I use color paper, present paper, I even folded a few from magazine. Just be sure that the paper you using isn’t to hard because it makes more difficult to fold flowers and sometimes fingers getting really tired :)


You can find a very clear video lesson are here. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment