7 Jan 2011

Single flower variations

At the moment I'm working on two brand new projects but they are not finished so for today - a few traditional kusudama variations. You'll be surprised how you can make totally different flower balls by using the same folding instruction.


This kusudama is called Venus. You make the same flowers and put one into another. I made the second flowers a bit smaller, but it's possible to make them the same size and put one into another. Actually you can try to put one into another much more flowers.


This one is called Pluto. Still the same flowers you just don't fold in the petals and you get a thorny piece of art.  Experimenting is fun, so I made one by mixing those two models. I folded in petals of bigger flower but I left unfolded of smaller one which I put inside. Here's what we get:



No comments:

Post a Comment